Gap Investments is specialized in consulting services in investing and knows how to secure a loan in Costa Rica to make sure you make safe and consistent returns! A growing economy presents many lucrative opportunities for local and foreign investors. Due to the lack of flexibility in the national bank system, there is still an important market for secure loans in Costa Rica. Many borrowers look for “bridge capital” to start lucrative residential or other construction projects or get cash from their homes (equity release).
What does Gap Investments do to secure loans?
- We advertise for loans;
- We advertise for borrowers;
- Our system vets the loans initially with our Loan Request Form (pre-application);
- We check the National Registry for any legal issues or other liens on the property;
- We evaluate the exact location of the property;
- Our analyst researches comparables in the area to see if the loan request and valuation stated on the pre-application are reasonable;
- Once we establish the loan is good enough for consideration, we request the entire application;
- We verify that all the taxes are up to date, including HOA fees when applicable;
- Our consultants follow up with a phone call to verify that the information is correct and establish the borrower’s ability to pay off the loan;
- We perform a site visit and take current, up-to-date photos;
- Our analyst then gives a final evaluation;
- We send the loan request out to our private lenders and determine who will be funding the loan;
- We work with a borrower to make sure there is insurance on the property (if needed);
- Once a lender says “yes”, we generate a draft term sheet;
- We send it to the lawyer to verify and prepare the draft for the protocol book;
- We receive the documents and send them to the lender and borrower for review;
- Any minor tweaks or changes are made at the behest of the lender or borrower. Then, we sent a final draft of the term sheet to all parties;
- We coordinate the signing with the lender, borrower, lawyer, and often any other party who needs to be paid off (and their lawyer);
- We meet at an agreed-upon location to sign the protocol book. The lender distributes the funds by SINPE (local bank transfer) or certified checks;
- Now that the loan is in place, we check the National Registry within 30 days to ensure the loan is recorded correctly;
- From here, we monitor and record the monthly payments.
All this is just for a standard secure loan. Guaranteed trusts or development projects are more complicated and time-consuming.
Contact us now to invest in secured equity loans in Costa Rica today!